[nabs-l] job development services and vr

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 16 23:26:15 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I was wondering what support, if any, you got to transition to your first job or internship with rehab.  Did they have someone work with you on job skills such as writing effective cover letters, how to conduct informational interviews, and interview tips? Did someone help you find the job?

Right now I am frustrated.  I am doing a job development program through Service source, which is an agency who has an agreement with the department here.
But I thought we were going to work on interview skills there.  I'm disappointed though because all we do is sit with her laptop and fill out job applications.  Except for some cluttered websites, I can search myself and submit cover letters.

I feel I was mislead.  They told me there would be mock interviews and "anything you need to know to get a job and keep the job".

So how has rehab supported you in getting a job?

I might get out of this program if they're not going to teach me job skills; I can find jobs online and fill out the forms unless its inaccessible.  But I need help in "selling myself".

Thanks.
Ashley