[nabs-l] Requesting a Reader during Class?

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 17:35:39 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I wanted to ask here before I took it up with the school, to get ideas
and advice.

Looking at the syllabi for my classes, several of them will have a
library day later in the semester. This library day is intended for
research time. Can I request a reader for these days (one day per
class)? I would want the reader throughout the class that day and
after school for further research (I doubt I'll get it all done during
the 1 hour class). Is this something I can request, or are readers
generally only available after classes? Should I tell the professor I
will have a reader that day, or just meet with the reader at the
library and not bother the professor with information that won't
effect the class?

I've never used a reader before, so I'm not really sure about these
things, but since I don't have a scanner yet and not all the resources
I need are available from e-books or webistes, I know I'll need
someone to help me with books in the library.

I would be grateful for any advice on this specifically and using a
reader in general.

~Jewel

--
~Jewel
Check out my blog about accessibility for the blind!