[nabs-l] Requesting a Reader during Class?

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 19:13:33 UTC 2010

Well, it all depends on what they mean by "research". Typically 100 level classes do have some kind of library day, which means that they want to familiarize students with the library, how to search for a book in the catalogue, how to find it in physically in the library etc. If that's what they want, you might not even need a reader. Library staff should be able to assist you. I've seen things like "look for a book by this author and make a copy of the front and back covers...". I know it sounds completely stupid, but I actually had to do this three years ago. I simply did it along with some friends and didn't need any assistance. But what I mean is that if the type of work you need to do at the library is very basic, a reader might not be necessary. Just ask the professor and I'm sure you'll figure it out.