[nabs-l] For Sale: Mid 2008 Macbook and Pac Mate 40-cell display

Jacob Schmude j.schmude at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 08:03:26 UTC 2010

Hi all
I have a couple tech items for sale.
Item 1: Apple Macbook revision 4,1
This is a mid 2008 Macbook that's seen a lot of use over the two years I've owned it. Specs are:
Intel Core2 Duo at 2.4 ghz
Intel GMA 3100 graphics
4 gb of Kingston HyperX DDR2 ram (upgraded from stock 2 gb)
160 gb, 5400 rpm hard drive
Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
This Macbook is in great working condition though it does have some scratches on the outside. As I said, I've used it a lot and even though handled carefully the white casing attracts scratches and fingerprints rather easily. It originally came with Leopard, though I've since upgraded it. You'll get both the original Leopard disks as well as the Snow Leopard disk. The battery is still good and gets about 5 hours on average. Unlike the latest models, this battery is user-replaceable as are the ram and hard drive. It will only come with OS X, though you can add Windows if you wish. It runs Windows 7 extremely well. However, this Macbook does not have an embedded numpad, as Apple removed that feature some time before this model was released. It has a slot-loading 8x DVD burner (dual-layer compatible), 2 USB ports, a Firewire 400 port, gigabit ethernet, and 802.11 B/G and Draft N Wireless.
Price: $450

Item 2: Pac Mate 40-cell Braille Display
This is a 40 cell Pac Mate display. This is just the display, no Pac Mate itself. All cells and buttons are working and the unit is in very good condition. This display will work with pretty much any system that supports USB. It works with most major Windows screen readers (excluding System Access from Serotek), Macintosh, and Linux as well as other BRLTTY-supported platforms. Display and Mini-USB cable are included. I don't have the driver disk, but the drivers can be downloaded from Freedom Scientific if your screen reader needs them (Windows only). Voiceover on the Mac doesn't need any drivers (just plug it in while Voiceover is running and it will be detected).
Price: $450

These items can either go separately or together. I'm selling because the extra money will help me out with a move. If anyone's interested in either of these, let me know.

Contact info:
Jacob Schmude
AIM: schmudej85
Email and Windows Live Messenger: j.schmude at gmail.com