[nabs-l] braille watches help!

Corbbmacc O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 21:11:27 UTC 2010

Seiko isn't making them anymore? I got mine in May for $150, I think
from ILA. I would encourage you to NOT get a cheap Braille
watch...just spend the bucks and get the nicer one. You'll be glad you
did. The only thing I found a little bit challenging to adapt to is
touching lightly enough to not move the hands but heavy enough to read
them. It's easy to change the time accidentally...but after a few
weeks, I got used to it. As for using a watch versus an Iphone...it's
easier to check in a meeting than pulling out my phone...less
impolite.

I haven't heard too many good things about the ones at the
Independence Market. I love the Market, don't get me wrong...but their
watches are a little on the cheapy side.

And, for guys looking for Braille watches, you're in luck -- there's
only one that I could find! I think there might be a few for
women..but the selection isn't huge.

Corbb