[nabs-l] need help putting books from rfb and d onto the stream

Anita Adkins aadkins7 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 27 18:31:53 UTC 2010

Hello,  I am pasting the instructions I received from RFB&D on how to do
this below.  Please note that how to do it from a CD is first, and how to do
it from a file you downloaded is next.  Anita
"You can locate your RFB&D books in the My Documents folder under RFB&D
Media Files.

Transferring an RFB&D Book to the Humanware Stream

Before you begin, you will need the following:

·        A PC running under Windows XP or VISTA

·        An SD (secure digital) card

·        Your StreamOR A card reader, capable of reading High capacity SD
cards.  The reader may either be built into the PC or connected via a USB
cable.

·        An RFB&D AudioPlus CD or an RFB&D AudioPlus download.

To transfer the book from the CD

1. Insert an SD card into the SD card reader or your player.

2. Insert the CD containing the book into the CD drive of your PC.

3. Open Windows Explorer.  You can press the Windows key with E to
accomplish this.

4. Find the drive containing the CD by using the arrow keys.

5. Press the Enter key or double click to open it.

6. Press control-a, or if you are using a mouse, highlight all of the files.

7. Press control-C to copy the files to the clipboard.

8. Press the backspace key to return to the list of drives on your PC.

9. Use your arrow keys to find the drive letter of the SD card and press
enter, or double     click to open it.

10. Find the folder called $VRDTB and press enter or double click to open
it.

To create a folder inside of this folder, you need to:

Chapter 1 press alt-F, or click File on the menu bar.

Chapter 2 Use the down arrow to find "new," and Press the Enter key,  or
click on it

Chapter 3 press the enter key on "folder," or click on it.

Chapter 4 In the edit box that appears, type a name for the new folder and
then press the enter key.

Press the enter key again, or double click to open the folder which you have
just created.

press control-V to paste the files from the clipboard into the folder.

After all of the files are pasted into the folder, press alt-F4, or click on
the X to close Windows Explorer.

Please note: If you have a multiple-CD book, you will need to follow all of
these steps and create a separate folder for each CD.

To ensure that the SD card does not become corrupted, before removing it
from the card reader, please do the following:

1.  Press the Windows key with B to focus on the sys-tray, or use your
screen reader's hotkey.

2.  Press the letter S until the focus is on Safely Remove Hardware and then
press the enter key, or double click to open it.  If you have used your
screen reader's hotkey to focus on the sys-tray, you may need to enter
again.

3.  Follow the prompts to stop what may be called "the USB mass Storage
Device," or the "the SD Memory card."

4.  When you receive the message that it is safe to remove the "USB mass
storage device," or "the SD memory card," you can close the Safely Remove
Hardware window and remove the SD card from the card reader.

You are now ready to insert the SD card into the Stream and listen to the
book.

Transferring from an RFB&D Daisy Download

Chapter 1 Open Windows Explorer.  You can press the Windows key with E to
accomplish this.
Go to "my documents"

Locate and open the RFB&D Media Files folder
Open the folder for the book you have downloaded (eg.DL-HJ234)
open the CD01 folder
Press control-a, or if you are using a mouse, highlight all of the files.
Press control-C to copy the files to the clipboard.
Locate the list of drives on your PC.
Use your arrow keys to find the drive letter of the SD card and press enter,
or double click to open it.
Find the folder called $VRDTB and press enter or double click to open it.
To create a folder inside of this folder, you need to:

Chapter 2 Press alt-F, or click File on the menu bar.

Chapter 3 Use the down arrow to find "new," and Press the Enter key,  or
click on it

Chapter 4 Press the enter key on "folder," or click on it.

Chapter 5 In the edit box that appears, type a name for the new folder and
then press the enter key.

·

9.      Press the enter key again, or double click to open the folder which
you have just created.

10.  Press control-V to paste the files from the clipboard into the folder.

11.  After all of the files are pasted into the folder, press alt-F4, or
[...]

Sincerely,

Becky Worrell
Member Services Representative,
Member Services