[nabs-l] some more questions...

Kerri Kosten kerrik2006 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 03:09:50 UTC 2010

Hi Serena:

Thanks for your tips!

I've actually been doing really well!

I only use sighted guide if I'm in a hurry, or if the place is too
noisy to hear the person giving me directions.

This works unbelievably well.

First, because I use a wider arc, my veering has gone down
significantly. I still veer a tiny bit, but not nearly as badly!

Second, it's amazing how much information I can get from using my cane
and how even just going in somewhere once using my cane I can pretty
much reverse the directions on my own!

It's awesome now!

I really want to thank everyone. You gave me the courage to really
speak up to sighted people and showed me that it's okay to like/want
to use my cane rather than being guided all the time.

Kerri