[nabs-l] Washington Seminar/Blind Driver Challenge Questions

Kerri Kosten kerrik2006 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 05:25:51 UTC 2010

Hi All:

Considering how well convention ended up going and how successful I've
been with travel recently, I hate to even post these questions but I
figured I better anyway.

I am considering (and as of now I'm just considering, haven't made any
official plans or anything yet) going to Washington Seminar and the
Blind Driver Challenge events at the end of January.

I would like to try to do both but I know the Blind Driver challenge
event ends on Sunday, Jan. 30, and the Washington Seminar begins the
next day on Jan. 31.

First, when is the student seminar?

Are any other students planning on going to both events or are most of
you just picking one or the other to attend?

Do you need to have great travel skills to attend either one or both
of these events or is it like convention where all skill levels are
present?

For Washington seminar, I know there aren't as many people as at
convention but is it a similar atmosphere where there are tons of
people around if assistance is needed or is everyone busy in their own
little group/state delegation?

Before convention I worried that if I needed something or assistance
and everyone was busy doing their own thing there wouldn't be anyone
around, however I quickly found out there were tons of people around,
and if you were lost somebody came up to you pretty quickly and asked
if you needed assistance...will it be similar at these events?

I really really want to attend either both or one of these events, if
I had to pick one over the other I'd like to go to Washington seminar
but if I can squeeze both in I'd like to...however just like for
convention I'm a little unsure/nervous...similarly to convention am I
worrying for nothing or should I wait and attend Washington Seminar
after aquiring better blindness skills?

Hope I am not out of line posting these questions...like I said at
this point I am only considering possibly going, and may not even
go...

I've been told Washington seminar is a great and very powerful
experience but I don't want to get in too far over my head and end up
making a fool out of myself.

Both of these events sound really exciting and I think would be really
fun to go to though...

Thanks,
Kerri