[nabs-l] Making college Biology and math accessible?

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 20:03:47 UTC 2010

In my opinion, the most important part of making classes accessible is
having a good working relationship with the professor. Without this, nothing
else you do will work. For math, I would suggest you have some method of
being able to show your work in print. This way, you will be able to either
go to the professor's office hours, or a student tutor to get help. There
are several methods of doing this on the computer without vision.

For biology, working with a lab partner or assistant that will act as your
eyes is crucial. You don't want the lab partner or assistant doing the work
for you, just assisting with the visual components.

This is all I can think of for now,
Merry Christmas
Mark