[nabs-l] Sleep Disorders Research

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 00:33:09 UTC 2010

I have been asked to post the following:
Below is an announcement about upcoming sleep studies that some
individuals who are blind may be interested in:

We are currently launching clinical trials to test a new experimental
treatment for individuals who are blind and who suffer from a sleep
disorder known as Non-24 Hour Sleep Wake Disorder. In the US, this
disorder affects approximately 65,000 totally blind individuals who have
this disorder because they lack the light sensitivity necessary to reset
their "body clock".

Clinical Research Study Recruitment

Blind individuals with no light perception needed.

A local doctor is conducting research to evaluate a new

investigational treatment for insomnia and daytime

sleepiness in individuals who are totally blind.

Individuals may qualify who:

* are between 18 and 75 years of age

* are blind with no light perception

* have trouble sleeping at night or experience daytime sleepiness

Participants will be compensated for their time and effort and will
receive study medication and study-related medical evaluation at no
cost.

For more information

Call 1-888-389-7033

M-F 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET

Thank you so much for taking the time to assist us in this outreach
effort!

Warm Regards,

Sara

Sara Dale

Clinical Research Associate

9605 Medical Center Dr

Suite 300

Rockville, MD 20850

Tel: 240.599.4523

Mobile: 301.768.6036

Fax: 301.294.1900

Email: sara.dale at vandapharma.com <mailto:sara.dale at vandapharma.com>

--
Arielle Silverman
President, National Association of Blind Students
nabs.president at gmail.com
Website:
www.nabslink.org