[nabs-l] PRS Transmitters, HELP!!!

Kerri Kosten kerrik2006 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 02:56:34 UTC 2010

Hi:

I did have to use these for my Biology class.
Many may not like my answer, but since they were inaccessible, either
a student sitting near me or the professor herself would help me log
in.
I memorized the four buttons to answer the questions. Since I sit up
front right near the professor, she would sort of look on making sure
my answer was received. Sometimes she would come over and ask me "Did
you want to answer say number 3?" and make sure it was submitted
properly.
She would read me the question or she would either have another
student or her graduate assistant/teaching assistants read it.

I knew these devices were in accessible but at the time I didn't
really know about the NFB and since the teacher didn't seem to have a
problem with accomodating me I never really saw an issue with it.
Now though, I realize these are definitely inaccessible.
I would do what has been suggested. Try writing a letter to Disability
services, if that doesn't work try showing how they are inaccessible
to both your professor and the DSS office, if that doesn't work go up
the chain...to the dean of the professors department...to maybe the
DSSes boss...like the head of Social Justice...if all this doesn't
work than I would definitely file a complaint.

Hope that helps.
Kerri