[nabs-l] Independence with a Price Tag

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Wed Feb 3 16:20:08 UTC 2010

David,

I don't think anyone is turning technology developers and government
offices into the enemy. But I also think that the problem is well
noted. One obstacle to employment for some folks might just be the high
price tag of JFW, particularly if they're not doing something
particularly technical.

As an aside, I don't know if you've worked with SA much, but it's
surprisingly flexible in places where JFW isn't. For example, I used to
go to a gym that mostly used flash content in its member login
software. The software's used for members to track their workouts and
initiate the hardware that takes their heartrate and their mechanical
motion in order to figure out how many calories have been burned. I
just plugged my SA key into the computer and had access to the whole
application. This was in 2008, and at the time, JFW would have had a
hard time reading that application, especially since I would have had
to install it first. That is, unless I decided to get some scripts for it.

Yes, work and recreation are two different things, but the point I'm
making is that a lot of folks poopoo SA basically saying that it's
kinda like the screen reader for the common person, but it can do some
interesting things.

Respectfully,
Jedi