[nabs-l] Blind parents conference call

Antonio M. Guimaraes iamantonio at cox.net
Wed Feb 17 21:34:14 UTC 2010

Hello all,

Join the National Association of Blind Students and the membership committee in our latest conference call.

This time we have Melissa and Marc Riccobono to discussing parenting as a blind person, and couple.

Melissa is blind, and the president of the National Federation of the Blind of Md. She has been a leader in the Human Services Division.

Marc Riccobono is director of the NFB Jernigan Institute. His leadership and ideas help drive our movement.

Marc and Melissa are parents to Austin Riccobono, and they are expecting a second child.

Join the call on February 28 at 7:00 pm eastern, 6 central, 5 mountain, 4 pacific.

Dial 712-775-7100,
 access code 257963.

Whether you are a parent, or might become a blind parent in the future; if you are a care-taker; if you want to know the joys and trials or parenting, and the unique aspects of parenting as a blind person, help make this call a success by joining and participating.

This call is for you, so make the best of it.

Antonio Guimaraes
Membership committee