[nabs-l] Nontrad returning to student status

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 20:55:39 UTC 2010

Greetings Anjelina,

 I myself took five years off before starting  college, I currently am
a student at a community college in San Francisca.
  What i tried to do was familiarize myself with  the campus it's
recourses and  it's layout.   I also got my classes as early as I
could and sat  down  with  a counsoler in the disabled students
programs and services office about as early as I could too.
 I guess, what I am saying  is that I tried to  research  and act
early.  One  thing I didn't do was  tap  the resources of  fellow
blind students and that seems to be something that you've done and are
obviously doing now.
  Just even being mindful of what   accomidations you are going to
need and  if you have  anyb access technology that you are intending
on using; doing your best to know it  pretty well.
  I know these are things that I've tried, but  of  course I am but
one student  trying to figure it all out in the grand scheme of
scholastics as it relates to  us as blind  students.
  I hope that helps and welcome back to the list!
  Darian

--
Darian Smith
Skype: The_Blind_Truth
Windows Live: Lightningrod2010 at live.com
The National Federation of the Blind has launched a nationwide teacher
recruitment campaign to help attract energetic and passionate
individuals into the field of blindness education, and we need your
help!   To Get Involved  go to:
www.TeachBlindStudents.org