[nabs-l] VR stream pros and cons

Teal Bloodworth tealbloodworth at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 17:42:25 UTC 2010

Hi Ashley

i have only been using my stream since the beginning of last semester and i
love it. Its the best thing since google. you can transfer text files and it
reads them so like recipes or important information or even books like if
you were to get an accessible format of a book through the publisher and it
is an electronic copy of the text. Yes you can download books from RFB&D
with this same feature and it is much more convienant of a format than the
digital daisy books because it can be accessed on your computer if you
needed the speling of a word or somthing. Then there is NLS downloadable
books which i am fond of. For RFB&D you need to get a UAK for the stream to
read them and then NLS authorization is needed to read those. You need to
register on NLS.Org then its pretty simple from there.

There is also a podcast feature on the stream however i hae not had a use
for this. The notes section is where your recorded files will be. I like
this because i usually record my classes and with a long lasting battery and
space for storage it can stay on without the tape having to be flipped over
or the batteries dieing as long as i have charged it for the whole hour and
fifteen minutes.

 Then the music. With my stream i took my SD card and played around with it
on the companion program. I was able to gett most of my itunes library on it
and then some saved files that i downloaded using limewire. I was not able
to make playlists but i am still a newer user of the stream and not really
able to jump around in the songs however it does read you the song name,
artist, and amount of time or however you have it on your computer.

Congrats on the stream though. I had to wait until my second year of college
to get one and i dont know how i used a VR wave or vibe all that time and a
little mini cassette tape recorder.

            -Teal