[nabs-l] techniques in cafeterias and trays

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Jan 3 02:06:07 UTC 2010

Actually, there are techniques a blind person can use to safely carry
a tray, and still use a cane.

One method involves kind of wrapping your arm around the tray along
its edge, and pressing the other side against your body, and holding
it that way.  Your hand can also extend past the edge of the tray,
into they tray where it can hold your drink for stability.

Another method involves making your arm into an angle and setting the
tray on top of your arm.

I probably aren't explaining very well, but it can be done with
practice.  It is something most of us as blind people are nervous
about in one way or another.

Dave