[nabs-l] Gmail Chat accessibility

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 03:48:49 UTC 2010

Hi, all,
  Has anyone tried to use the Google instant messenger, either within
gmail or through the downlodable Google Talk software? I'm running
JAWS 10 and can't get either version to work properly. I have a
Braille Note with Keysoft version 8, which gives me access to the chat
application, but it is unstable and crashes often. I know AIM and
other traditional IM programs are more accessible, but many of my
friends have switched to gmail chat. Any experiences you may have
would be much appreciated. Thanks!
   Katie