[nabs-l] [lady-potter at comcast.net: [oregon-l] Oppose Gelser's Nomination]

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 10:27:51 UTC 2010

Another point of common ground with the Oregon ACB.  Oregon Rep.
Gelser drove a ruthless campaign against near universal opposition to
shut down the Oregon School for the Blind and worry about what to do
with the students sometime after the valuable property of the school
had been ordered sold off.

She knew it wouldn't save money, and admitted it.  She knew Oregon's
education infrastructure was unsuited to educate these students, and
admitted it.  She knew the property would be worth more when the real
estate market settled, and admitted that too.

But this self-styled "disability rights advocate" fought hard to
serve her special interests to the detriment of blind kids in Oregon
who are, predictably, performing poorly back in their home districts
because of inadequate educational services and budget constraints.

Please read Kae's email and express your outrage at the President
nominating such a person to this important position.

Thanks,

Joseph

----- Forwarded message from Kae Seth <lady-potter at comcast.net> -----