[nabs-l] ITunes Solution and Question

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 18 15:51:48 UTC 2010

Hi NABS,

I made a recent discovery on using ITunes with JAWS and thought I'd share in
case others found it helpful. It's in regards to selecting songs and moving
them into playlists.

1. Open ITunes.
2. Press control-n to create a new playlist.
3. Type a name and press enter.
4. In the "sources" tree view, go to "Music" and press f6 twice to get to
the list of songs. Find the one(s) you want with the arrow keys.
5. One at a time, while on the song you want, press the Applications key to
get to the context menu.
6. Press a to get to the "add to playlist" submenu. Press enter and select
the playlist with the arrow keys.
7. Press enter and the song will be added to your playlist of choice.

Notes
-- usually the right mouse button activates the context menu as well, but in
this case it selects/deselects the current item.
-- you have to do this for individual songs but if you want multiple songs
that contain a common key word, you can type that into the search box and
then go to "edit" (alt-e) and "select all". You can then copy (control-c)
this list, open the new list you want to put these songs in, and paste
(control-v) them there.

Sorry this is so long. I hope it helps. Does anyone know how to add items to
one's wish list in the ITunes store? I think I'll spend much less if I can
access that feature <grin>

Take care,

Sarah Jevnikar