[nabs-l] Cyting NLS Material

Antonio M. Guimaraes iamantonio at cox.net
Sat Jan 30 03:07:03 UTC 2010

Hello Serena,

I think I found a solution to the NLS book issue, but to assume I have the
time and money to find the book, hire a reader, find the relevant text on
the print book, I would have  no time to do the writing itself.

I might as well only work with books off of a library, one I can check out,
scan, and have page numbers for.

That might take me 4 hours at minimum for one or two citations. I'll take
alternative workable ways that may take me 10 minutes max.
.

I found the following on the purdue site:

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/10/

Electronic Books
Electronic books may include books found on personal websites, databases, or
even in audio form. Use the following format if the book you are using is
only provided in a digital format or is difficult to find in print. If the
work is not directly available online or must be purchased, use "Available
from," rather than "Retrieved from," and point readers to where they can
find it.

De Huff, E. W. Taytay's tales: Traditional Pueblo Indian tales. Retrieved
from http://digital.library.upenn.edu/women/dehuff/taytay/
taytay.html

Davis, J. Familiar birdsongs of the Northwest. Available from
http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=1-
9780931686108-0

I realize the usefulness of readers, but they are not always the answer to
every blind person't every reading need, right Mike Freeman?

Antonio Guimaraes

If an infinite number of rednecks riding in an infinite number of pickup
trucks fire an infinite number of shotgun rounds at an infinite number of
highway signs, they will eventually produce all the world's great literary
works in Braille.

Shop online and support the NFB of RI at no additional cost to you.
http://www.givebackamerica.com/charity.php?b=169
Givebackamerica.org, America's Online Charity Shopping Mall