[nabs-l] GWU and UMD:

Corbbmacc O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 21:02:42 UTC 2010

I'm a student at The George Washington University. Their Disability
Support Services is EVERYTHING that you could ever want from a school.
They're happy to help you in ways that you ask, and are just as happy
to let you make the accommodations that you may want on your own.
(It's worth noting that you have to be pre-approved for the
accommodations, but the process is very easy.) DSS is not pushy, and
they're responsive. Their test taking services are great -- you fill
out a form online, your professor hits a link in their e-mail, the
test gets sent via e-mail, you go to DSS, and take the test with
whatever accommodations you need ... computer, extra time, large
print, etc. They're also really great with textbooks -- they try to
order the e-text from publishers or they'll even cut and scan your
books if they can't get it another way. I have *NOTHING bad to say
about their great services and am happy to chat with whomever is
interested.

Corbb