[nabs-l] DSB delaying needed equipment

Serena serenacucco at verizon.net
Mon Jul 26 01:13:28 UTC 2010

Sounds like your rehab agency screwed you over! (sorry for the language.)
Talk to your counselor's supervisor!  Renting a laptop may be cheaper than
you think.  I haven't had to do this, but my parents did mention that buying
one isn't too expensive, so, I'm guessing, renting one isn't, either.

You're not alone in having to deal with rehab agencies.  I'm in the middle
of a similar problem with my commission for the blind ... They know what
they're doing, but my counselor wasn't being very responsive, until I
emailed her and carbon copied her supervisor.  I'm still waiting to trade in
my old BrailleNote for a newer model.  I know the Humanware sales
representative for my state, so she's being as helpful as she can, despite
the bureaucracy of the Commission.  Good luck!

Serena