[nabs-l] Questions About Navigating Festivals

Kerri Kosten kerrik2006 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 16:11:45 UTC 2010

Hey Serena and All!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Just to give an update, I didn't end up going to the festival.

First of all, it was way to hot to be walking all around outside.

Also, there were like 30,000 bikers in town for it and not something
anyone blind or sighted should've gone to on their own.

Also, with all the bikers in town on the roads and not knowing how to
drive properly, it was very hard for cabs to take people to and from
the festival. In fact, one of the cab drivers I frequently take came
very close to getting into an accident because he was trapped in with
like six or eight bikers in front of him and a couple behind him. The
ones behind him kept coming up on him and gunning their engines then
falling back. When he could finally go, the bikers behind him passed
him and blocked his way causing him to swerve into another lane and
almost hit an oncoming car.

It was crazy here with all the bikers...it wasn't just a little
festival...it was huge and I'm sure there were several accidents
between the bikers and motorists!

Our county fair is coming up in about two weeks. For some reason, the
fair was stopped for a few years so I'm excited. The fair is being
held at the same location as Mountain Fest was, Milan Park. I looked
online at the schedule yesterday and it's gonna be pretty big too but
of course nothing like Mountain Fest and much more of a family
friendly thing. So, I'll definitely take your advice for that!

The fair doesn't open until the evening, around 5 PM so it shouldn't be too hot!

Anyway, thanks so much!

Kerri