[nabs-l] Blackboard questions, your post to the national Association of blind students was

Maurice Mines minesm at me.com
Tue Jul 27 16:16:36 UTC 2010

	Hello, I continue that I recently health University of Northern Colorado finish the certification of blackboard 94 leaves of myself and other blind students on our campus. I use Jaws for Windows, window eyes, and in my graduate program in educational technology I use the Mac quite heavily. I've had absolutely no major problems using blackboard either in the evaluation phase of blackboard nine order in actual for real coursework. I also have other disabilities that I have to accommodate while using blackboard and would be happy to answer some questions on the other two. I have a written expression disorder a.k.a. I use a cousin of Dragon NaturallySpeaking called MacSpeech Dictate in order to write this message. Half of the significant hearing last sol I use braille as well. As far as technical specifications go. My blackboard tests and certifying blackboard nine were done on an HP Pavilion desktop PC running Windows 7 professional 64-bit so vast I use the 64-bit version of Jaws, and the 64-bit version of window eyes. I also tested this with the 32-bit version of Windows on both a MacBook and iMac specifications the virtual machine which was also running Windows 7 was configured with approximately 2 GB of RAM and two processor cores. The host machines MacBook 2.4 GHz processor for gig of RAM running Mac OSx 10.6.4 with VM Ware fusion 3.2. Jaws version 11 32-bit window eyes version 7.2 32-bit note the 64-bit versions of both of these two screenwriters were used on the HP Pavilion desktop machine running at 2.66 GHz core two dual +2 a.k.a. four processors. Continuing with the Apple specifications iMac running at 2.66 GHz core two duo hard drive on the MacBook 250 GB the iMac 1 TB. I also further tested this by using a Gateway network, and unfortunately the results were not nearly as positive when using them that book so I do have some concerns with the net book when running either jobs or window eyes and using blackboard however due to the rearing variety of net books and their configurations I would simply say work with the student and/or students to attempt to resolve the issues is that, MacSpeech Dictate a.k.a. Dragon is what it would be in the PC world I only use blackboard and the dictation software while using the Apple Mac operating system and Safari so I don't have any feedback on how well the dictation might work in Windows. It's hard to dictation goes blackboard was tested again with both the iMac and the MacBook both machines had MacOS X 10.6.4, MacSpeech Dictate 1.5 acts if you have any further questions comments or concerns please send me e-mail at my student e-mail address listed below, if you need to talk to me via phone please feel free to give me a call at 970-352-1833 I hope this helps you out you do have my permission to use my comments as you see fit. I do have however asked that if you do use my comments in case I am asked about them could you please kindly provided me a copy of those comments if it is appropriate that you very much for reading this and have a great day.
maurice amateur radio call sign,kd0iko.
 national Federation of the blind of Cole Rondo assisted newsline coordinator, office phone 970.
373-3076 Northern Colorado amateur radio club tried Vander, newsletter editor. University of Northern Colorado student e-mail address , mine1533 at bears.unco.edu.
 note this message has been dictate by using MacSpeech dictate,  Some words may be spelled incorrectl, may also be in the wrong context.
Please forgive any errors in the text of this communication.
Thank you very much forreading this.