[nabs-l] BrailleNote question

Serena serenacucco at verizon.net
Fri Jul 30 15:21:32 UTC 2010

Hi Nabsters,

I have a BrailleNote classic that's really old, so my state Commission is getting me a new one.  I was told I won't get the new one before the start of graduate school, so The College of NJ is loaning me a BN to use in the intirum.  I don't know the model of the loaner BN yet.  If the loaner BN is a Classic, is it really necessary to transfer my files on to my computer?  Or can I simply put them on my compact flash card and then transfer them into the loaner BN?  Another possible senario: If the loaner BN is an Empower, is the answer to my question different?  I.E. Can I use a compact flash card with an Empower?  I know Empowers have a USB port.

Thanks,
Serena