[nabs-l] blind students in ASL courses

Loew, Ruth rloew at ETS.ORG
Wed Jun 9 17:29:20 UTC 2010

Hi - I'm a sighted lurker on this listserv.  I know many of you from
NABS meetings at the NFB Conventions and Washington Seminars.

I participate in another listserv for people who work with deaf and hard
of hearing college students.  Today someone raised an interesting
question: a blind student has registered for an ASL (American Sign
Language) class, and the Disability Services counselor is looking for
suggestions as to how to make the class accessible and meaningful.

I know that some NABS members have taken ASL courses.  Do any of you
have ideas I could pass on to my colleagues?  You may contact me
off-list at RLoew at ets.org; or, if you think the discussion would be of
interest to others, feel free to post to the list, and I'll see your

Ruth C. Loew, Ph.D.
Assistant Director
Office of Disability Policy, ETS

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential information.
It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly.
If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute,
or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete it from
your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.

Thank you for your compliance.