[nabs-l] Nabs needs your help at convention! are you in?

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 19:19:06 UTC 2010

*sorry for the re-post folks. Wel, at least you can't say you didn't
get the message! :)
Hello fellow students,
 As you all know,  the National association of blind students is
planning a lot of exciting things at national convention. What you may
not know however is that we as a board  can’t do  all of it ourselves.
So we would  very much  appreciate your help in making  The nabs
activities a success this year!
 Where we would most appreciate your assistance is in two areas:
1.  assistance  in staffing the nabs table  located in the exhibit hall.
 Here you will be partnered up  with a nabs board member selling
water bottles and handing out nabs literature.  The schedule  for
tabling looks like this:
 Sunday, July 4:
 Shift  1. 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Shift 2. 11:30 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Shift 3. 2:15p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday, July 5:
shift 4:  8:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
Shift 5: 10:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Shift 6: 1:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Shift 7. 3:15 p.m. – 5:00p.m.
Tuesday, July 6:
Shift 8: 12 noon – 1:45 p.m.
Wendsday, July 7:
Shift 9:
12 noon – 1:45 p.m.

As you can see, we have  nine shifts, so  if you contact me with your
preference, I will be more  than happy to get you scheduled in!

2. Staffing the nabs monte carlo night fund raiser. This is a great
opportunity to work shoulder to shoulder with us  in putting together
one of our most successful events that we do.  For this we will  need:
 Individuals who can work  an early shift ( 7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Those  individuals will be asked to either
a.	Marshal.
b.	Set up for the event
c.	Deal card games( blackjack, poker, holdemand other such games)
 We will also need Late shift workers (9:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.)  Those
individuals would be asked to:
a.	deal card games (blackjack, poker, holdem and other such games)
b.	assist with event clean- up and playing  chip  counting.

Please let me know what shift(s) you are interested in working
(exhibit hall, monte carlo or both). If Monte carlo,  please let me
know what job you would like to take on, if you would like to deal and
what games  you would like to deal (blackjack, poker, holdem or other
such games).
 This is a great opportunity for you to meet the nabs board, and us to
get to know you. As well, this is  an equally great opportunity for
you  to meet a lot of new people and have some fun at the same time.
 Please contact me by July 1 if interested.
 I can be contacted at: dsmithnfb at gmail.com

 Thank you   so much for your interest  and I look forward to hearing
from you all real soon
 And of course, See you in dallas!!!
  Best,
  Darian

--
Darian Smith
Board member
Windows Live: Lightningrod2010 at live.com
“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are
spiritual beings having a human experience.” - Teilhard de Chardin