[nabs-l] free screen readers

Anita Adkins aadkins7 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 17 02:20:16 UTC 2010

Sorry to keep posting, but I just learned that I can use Reed, the voice I
like for JAWS with NVDA.  This is great.  To do this, I pressed insert+n,
down arrowed to preferences, pressed enter, down arrowed to synthesizers,
pressed enter, listened to the current setting so I could fix it if I
goofed, then up and down arrowed through the choices.  The top one said sapi
4 microsoft something or other, and I pressed enter, and it was my JAWS
voice.  Of course, I had to bring the menu back up, go back to preferences,
down arrow to voice settings, and then change the rate because I like my
speech a lot faster than the default.  In this voice settings dialogue, I
discovered that there are also other various voices I could have chose.  I
just chose American English.  Just FYI.  Anita