[nabs-l] Voice recorders for College & Grad School

Anita Adkins aadkins7 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 19 22:14:08 UTC 2010

I don't know what a low pass filter is, but I use the Victor reader.  The
audio is excellent, and you can insert bookmarks with it.  The external
speaker isn't very loud, but if you use headphones, the sound is much
louder.  All functions speak, and the battery lasts a very long time.  It
plays books from RFB&D and the library for the blind.  It also plays mp3
books or files and can play text files.  I love mine.  It is slightly larger
than a cell phone.  It has a headphone jack and a jack for an external mic,
but I have never used the external mic jack because it has an excellent
built in mic.  It uses sd cards.  I think you can also hook a thumb drive
into it, but I may be wrong about that.  It comes with a cord to hook it
through USB into the computer.  It is made by Humanware.  Just FYI.  Anita