[nabs-l] News and Notes from nabs

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 17:19:11 UTC 2010

Hello fellow students,
 Ready for convention?  A few announcements from the  national
Association of Blind Students:

1.	Don’t forget to register online for the  nabs meeting  that will
take place on Sunday, July 4.  Registration is at 6 p.m. and  the
meeting  begins at 7;  but if you want to be sure  to  avoid the  long
lines,  simply go to www.nabslink.org and  look for the link “become a
member of the national association of blind students” link on the
home page.   Once you do that,  all you will have to do is  pay your
$5 registration fee and you’ll be  good to go!
2. On Saturday evening from 8:00 to midnight, NABS will be hosting a
Student Hospitality Night in the Affiliate Action Suite, Room
2372.   Drop in for snacks, games, and the chance to meet and mingle
with other blind high school, college, graduate and nontraditional
students. Feel free to drop in and out while also enjoying salsa
dancing, karaoke, or the Rookie Roundup, a gathering for first-time
convention attendees.
 Should you have any questions about any of our nabs events, please
feel free to contact any of  the nabs  board and we would love to
answer them for you!
 Have a great weekend and see you in Dallas!

--
Darian Smith
Board member
Windows Live: Lightningrod2010 at live.com
“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are
spiritual beings having a human experience.” - Teilhard de Chardin