[nabs-l] A friend needing help.

Anita Adkins aadkins7 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 22 19:24:33 UTC 2010

I went to Allegany College of Maryland,  where, if I provided proof, I did
not have to pay tuition because I was on SSDI.  At this particular college,
you had to be on SSI or SSDI, and so you might want to ask the disability
office at the college of interest to find out if that is available.  I got
my associate degree there.  At FSU, where I now attend, I would have to pay
tuition, but Rehab helps me out.  I know if you apply for federal student
aid, you can get money to help out also.  And, of course, there are student
loans.  Just FYI.  Anita