[nabs-l] JAWS problem

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 20:34:10 UTC 2010

Hey guys,

I wasn't sure who to ask this, so I figured I might ask it here. I seem to
be having a problem with JAWS and Internet Explorer. On the internet,
hitting a hotkey says the letter but does not do the function. Does anyone
know what might cause this?

I use Windows XP, JAWS 10.0, and IE 7.0 (I think? I updated to 8.0, but it
was a pain, so uninstalled that).) It was working before, but after I
updated to IE 8, it was weird, and it is still weird. No hotkeys. I can use
the CTRL hot keys, like CTRL + O for opening and CTRL + F for Finding, but
not H for Heading, E for Edit Form, U and V for links, etc.

Anyone have ideas or know what to try? It's soooo annoying!

~Jewel