[nabs-l] Amtrak and bus company sites giving me a hard time, ... how much does it cost?

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 17:38:29 UTC 2010

My method of dealing with travel websites is picking up the phone, having
the agent do the research for me so that later I can just go to the website,
plug in the data and take advantage of the online discounts.  I don't always
have time to navigate the sometimes confusing layouts of airlines and
trains, and so this method has usually gone a long way toward minimizing
unnecessary frustrations.  There are times when I can talk the agent into
waiving the telephone fees and selling me a ticket at the same rate as I
would have gotten by going to the website myself.  This may not seem like
the most independent method possible, and if I have more time to plan my
schedule I don't mind sifting through several windows to compare prices and
departure times.  Time is money.  I'd just assume take steps to maximize
both.

Best,

Joe Orozco