[nabs-l] JAWS question

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca
Tue Mar 2 03:12:38 UTC 2010

Hi Claudia,
Here's how you use Windows Find with JAWS.
1. From any program on your computer, press the windows key and f.
2. This will bring up a search page. Press control and end to get to the
bottom of the page where it says "click here to use search companion"
3. Press enter.
4. Press tab until you hear "all files and folders button". Press enter
again.
5. You'll hear "all or part of the file name". Type in what you remember.
6. If this is all you know about the file, press alt and r to begin
searching. If you know of other attributes (where it might be on your
computer, its size, etc., Navigate with tab and fill all info you want. Tab
until you hear "search button", or press alt r after filling in all the
information you know.

Hope this helps.

Sarah

"Canada you made us proud in the Vancouver 2010 Olympic games!!"