[nabs-l] New on NABS mailing list

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 06:53:47 UTC 2010

 hello Mikaela and welcome to   the List!
  My Name is Darian, I am a student from San  Francisco, California
and I am studying at City College of San francisco.  I am  working on
my general education classes and  am looking to transfer, with an eye
on teaching Orientation and Mobility.  I would  like to be able to
work with Deaf-blind,  dog guide teams and as  much of the spectrum of
individuals who can benifit from the increased confidence  andquality
of life that independent travel brings.
  during my free time, I like to  go to  sporting events,  travel,  DJ
and  just generally be  pretty active when I can.
  I  also am a board member  of the national association of blind
students and co-chair of our membership committee.  The committee puts
on monthly conference calls that have  different feature topics each
month and are open to all.  On behalf of the  committee, i would like
to extend an invitation to you and anyone else who  wants in on the
action :).
 Should you have any questions about anything on this list;  just ask,
we all are more than willing to help our and answer what we can how we
can.  We also are excited to hear from you and your  expiriences as a
blind person.
  Thanks so much and welcome to the  National associations of Blind
students and  our  list serve!
  Best,
  Darian

--
Darian Smith
Skype: The_Blind_Truth
Windows Live: Lightningrod2010 at live.com
The National Federation of the Blind has launched a nationwide teacher
recruitment campaign to help attract energetic and passionate
individuals into the field of blindness education, and we need your
help!   To Get Involved  go to:
www.TeachBlindStudents.org