[nabs-l] Another Newbie

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 07:31:44 UTC 2010

Greetings Jen,
  Welcome to the list!
 My name is Darian.  I am a student in San Francisco at a community
college here.  I am studying my general eds to  one day (whenever I
grow up)  :) become an Orientation and Mobility instructor.
 I enjoy  Music but rather than write/sing (a talent I admire to be
sure) IDJ.  i also enjoy very  much sports  and one of my favorite
things to do during the  stretch of April- September is  go to a
baseball  game or three (they have the best garlic fries!) heer  at
at&T park.
 I like to travel   to new  places and  check out new portions of
Familiar places.
 I also am a board  member of the national association of blind
students and  serve as the co-chair of our membership committee.  Each
month the committee puts togethera conference call where interested
individuals  can contribute to a discussion on whatever the topic of
interest  to blind students might be at the time.
  We hope that  you will  check out these calls  as well as all of the
great events going on  within your state division and on the national
level. Nationally  we all meet  twice a year; once at our Washington
legislative seminar in Janurary  (Washington D.C.) and
our national convention during our student seminar/business meeting
and various other exciting  national events (This year to take place
in Dallas Texas).
 If  you should have any questions you may contact me and you may also
 ask anybody on  this listserve!
  Again, a huge welcome to you!
  Best,
  Darian

--
Darian Smith
Skype: The_Blind_Truth
Windows Live: Lightningrod2010 at live.com
The National Federation of the Blind has launched a nationwide teacher
recruitment campaign to help attract energetic and passionate
individuals into the field of blindness education, and we need your
help!   To Get Involved  go to:
www.TeachBlindStudents.org