[nabs-l] "I Can See You're Blind"

Rania raniaismail04 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 12:08:37 UTC 2010

Wow that sounded really good!
Rania,

-----Original Message-----
From: nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of Jen
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 12:04 PM
To: National Association of Blind Students
Subject: [nabs-l] "I Can See You're Blind"

I wrote this song to a professor who discriminated against me because of my
blindness. During my first semester at community college, this person made
fun of the sound of my BrailleNote, saying it drove him crazy. (The
professor's excuse was he had a bad day.)

Did I mention this occurred in front of the class?

So once I recovered from my shock, I wrote this song to say what I could not
at the time.