[nabs-l] NFB Training Center

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 17:59:34 UTC 2010

I had a question on this topic...I went to the state rehab center.
While it was helpful, it did not help me as much as I felt I needed. I
did not get any consumer education or college prep, and I feel that my
O&M is still not up to par. The training was only 15 weeks, and so I
did not get the chance to learn everything I felt I needed. Is this
enough justification to request attending a NFB training center, to
get more training in O&M and Braille than 15 weeks can provide, and to
get self-esteem training (something I lack a bit, especially when I am
stressed). And because I have attended the state rehab center, can I
still attend an NFB center, or am I likely to be turned down because
of my attendance at the state center?

~Jewel