[nabs-l] advice

Katy Carroll kc2992a at student.american.edu
Sun Mar 21 20:36:01 UTC 2010

Hi List!

I have run numerous times into the same dilemma and I am convinced this
dilemma will become more and more of a problem as I move on in my career,
unless I do something about it, which is why i am posing this problem to
you:

Recently I went to a meeting of a professional organization here in DC. Not
surprisingly, each of the attendees were given name tags with one's name and
either place of work or study to wear during the event, to help initiate
networking. I am partially blind, and don't feel the need to carry a cane
with me. However, I can't see other people;s name tags, and can't comment or
respond to what is written on them. i would like to be able to ask peopel
who they are and where they work without looking liek I can't read. has
anyone perfected a introduction by which they can do this?

I would appreciate any thoughts.

Sincerely,
--
Kathryn CARROLL