[nabs-l] being scholastically social?

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 13:23:14 UTC 2010

I am currently in high school. I don't do much in terms of clubs or other
school activities in school. I briefly joined the stage crew for a play, but
I was kind of in the way. No one talked to me, about anything other than
professional questions about things of a technical nature. I did my job
well, but I clearly did not fit in. people were afraid that if they talked
to me they would offend me or something like that.

Because I don't do many activities in school, I am involved in the boy
scouts, life teen, and the NFB. Even at places such as boy scouts and life
teen, most of the conversations I have are professional or technical in
nature. I really don't have many sighted friends. I don't know if this is
blindness related, or what.