[nabs-l] Sample Justification Letter

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 04:42:56 UTC 2010

Hi all,

As an addendum to our listserv discussion and conference call about
getting justification to attend NFB training centers, Jim Omvig shared
with us a sample justification letter that you can use to guide you
when writing your letter justifying your choice to attend an NFB
training center. We felt it would be beneficial to many blind students
on this list, so I am attaching it here. Please note that this is just
a sample, and can serve as the basic framework for your letter, but to
write a strong and personal letter, you should feel free to insert
examples of how you personally will benefit from the particular
training center that you have chosen to attend. Talk about specific
skills that you need training in, how those skills are relevant to
your vocational goal, and give examples of activities at the center
you have chosen that teach these skills through challenge and
discovery. I also think the best-crafted letter will come after
conversations with other center students, as we discussed earlier.

Please also feel free to share this with students in your state
divisions or affiliates who are going through this process.

Best of luck to all!

--
Arielle Silverman
President, National Association of Blind Students
nabs.president at gmail.com
Website:
www.nabslink.org