[nabs-l] Blindness and Identity

Briley Pollard brileyp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 10:47:01 UTC 2010

I, personally, wasn't disagreeing that there are differences between men and women, and that these may impact how one experiences the world. The problem was that simply being a woman wasn't the example used, it was our "ability to give birth" that was. Yes, I identify with being a woman, and I have no problem with that aspect of myself being a part of my identity. But the ability to give birth does not a woman make, and that was what I took exception with, personally.