[nabs-l] Pimp My Cane

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 15:58:20 UTC 2010

In all of the White Cane Laws that I've seen, there is a secotion that
says that no blind person shall be held accountable if not using a
white cane or guide dog. I don't recall the exact wording for my
state, but it basically say that a blind person cannot be made
accountable through negligence for not having a white cane or guide
dog. I don't see why a person couldn't have a black cane, red cane, or
rainbow cane, if they wanted. Just don't expect epople to recognize
your visual impairment if you don't have a white cane. Be prepared to
do more explaining, and explaining why you don't have a white cane.

~Jewel