[nabs-l] Appreciating our roots

Briley Pollard brileyp at gmail.com
Mon May 3 02:05:36 UTC 2010

I think it is perhaps a stretch to say we won't exist in just 50 years, but I do think the purpose and philosophy will be very diluted at that point if something isn't done. I did bring it up to say that we have a responsibility to sea out information, but I do think the leadership needs to be more efficient at educating new comers. This is just speculation on my part, but I think part of the reason why the specifics and history of the philosophy stopped being pushed so hard is because the federation didn't want to scare off new members. While I think it is a poor approach to immediately yank away a cane that may be too short, or talk constantly of the "glory days" as soon as someone walks in the door, I think a better effort needs to be made at empowering and educating the membership as a whole.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Briley