[nabs-l] blind doctors

Valerie Gibson valandkayla at gmail.com
Fri May 7 06:15:10 UTC 2010

As i'm not opposed to training guide dogs, i don't want to give off the impression that, I'm blind so i want to train guide dogs.  That's like, when i tell people i have a boxer, most first responces are, "is it a guide dog?"  It's a ligit question, but it's like people expect that if you have a dog or work with dogs, it's a guide dog because you're blind.

Like i said, i'm not opposed to guide dog training, and on that note, i remember being at the CCB and a guide dog rep came to the center to talk to us, and someone asked if blind people could train guide dogs. They said no.  My guesss was that you're training a dog to do something that you can't, so i can sort of see their point in that respect.

Perhaps things have changed over the past few years, and i will try to talk to them again. If nothing else, it will give me some practice training dogs.