[nabs-l] blind doctors

Briley Pollard brileyp at gmail.com
Fri May 7 14:08:56 UTC 2010

That is a total misnomer about blind people training guide dogs. I know quite a few blind people who have owner trained their dogs. In a lot of ways, the attitude of a lot of guide dog schools is very custodial in a way. Blind people need to keep foraging forward in this area. They used to say the same thing about blind mobility instructors, but obviously, they work out great.

As for you pursuing a vet degree, I say go for it. Of course there will be people who tell you you can't do it, but with some creativity and fortitude, you'll do great.

Briley