[nabs-l] Source for DVD's and Blu Ray Disks with DescriptiveVideo

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Sat May 8 23:10:52 UTC 2010

It can be difficult to find with a screenreader. I can do it equally
with NVDA and Jaws (I have a demo version of JAWS 11.0).

When you click on the title of the movie, it brings up a new window.
Press B for button once to get to "High Speed Download." This is the
one that costs, so unless you have a subscription, click the down
arrow once to get to "Regular Download." It will open yet another
window. This window has a bunch of junk and embedded objects, and it's
crazy. However, I have found an easy way to bypass all that. When you
get to that window, make sure you are at the top and click N for
non-link text until you come to "Note". Arrow up several times (I
think 4) until you find the link, which will be the title of the movie
plus .mp3. This is the quickest way I use, as the find function with
NVDA is complicated. However, if you are using JAWS, you can do a
CTRL+F, type in the name of the movie, or a part...for example, for
"Might Ducks" you might put in "Ducks"...it will come to the title in
text, then the link. Click that link, which again will be the name of
the movie + .mp3

When you click that link, it brings up a download manager window. It
asks to open, save, or cancel. I highly recommend saving it, so you
can watch it anytime you want. I have a seperate folder called "My
Movies" that I put my movies in (I have almost 200!).

Hopefully you'll be able to do it with these instructions. It's a
matter of getting to the final download link. Once you find that,
you're good to go. Do *not* download the download from the site...it
gave my computer viruses and spyware up the kazoo!

~Jewel