[nabs-l] job search strategies

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed May 12 02:40:24 UTC 2010

Hi All,

For those of you who graduated and are looking or looked for work, what did you do?  What was the best source of job leads?  An internet site?  Friends at the companies you wanted to work for?
Did your rehab counselor give you guidance or someone to work with such as a job coach?  Did you recieve job development help through VR or your college?
I want to get a clerical position, outreach position, or some position to use my writing skills.

My VR counselor said she wants me to use Job placement services but did not elaborate on it; she will in a meeting.  Do you all know what this means and will this help me?  My gut feeling tells me that a third party attempting to "sell" me to an employer or place me somewhere- a place I may know nothing about may not work to my advantage because the employer may not get to know me and if I get a job then they may not like my personality or something may not work out in our relationship.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Ashley