[nabs-l] job search strategies

Katy Carroll kc2992a at student.american.edu
Wed May 12 13:12:01 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I just graduated this month, and so I am out in the job market. I am
starting a paid internship soon.

Does your school have a career center, or an office that keeps a job
database for students? Also, try some job websites likes monster.com or, if
you want government work, usajobs.gov. You can try a more local job site.
Since I am located in the DC area, I would be on dcjobs.com, for example.
I have put my resume into a few job placement programs, but I haven't heard
anything back from them. I find this very surprising.
And, finally, I have found that friends, acquaintances, and colleagues can
be the best resource of all.

Best of luck,
Kate

--