[nabs-l] questions about cane travel and independent travel

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Thu May 13 01:28:10 UTC 2010

Kerri,

It sounds like you've got the hang of things. However, I would advise
you to make your decisions based on your own comfort first before
worrying about anyone else's. Your friend might be uncomfortable giving
you directions at first, but that's no reason to simply take an arm.
She'll be uncomfortable for a while until she gets the hang of giving
verbal instructions. It will also take some time for you to get
comfortable receiving and acting on them. You will probaby find that
your comfort with independent travel will increase the more you do it.

Respectfully,
Jedi